Okiki apologises to Sunshine Stars supporters over red card

Sunshine Stars’ Okiki Afolabi, has apologised to the club’s supporters, after he was sent off in Wednesday’s 3-0 win over Nasarawa United.

Okiki scored a brace as the Owena Waves thrashed the Solid Miners, in a rescheduled Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) game, played at the Akure Township Stadium.
He was later shown a red card in the course of the game.
 
I’m very sorry for the red card. I felt bad after the incident,” Okiki told Goal.
“The fans were massive as they kept on urging us to win the game. I think they deserve my apologies.”
On the two goals, he said: “The duty of a striker is to score goals, that’s what am paid to do.”
“The entire team played so well against a good side. Don’t forget that they defeated us at home in the last campaign, so we were determined to win the match and erase the memories.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fame is Enough for me and my Family, no one will hear about my marriage – D’banj

Osun renames State University after Bola Ige

Niger Delta militants blamed by Yoruba leaders of Southwest attack